Prepaid credit allows you to create a credit balance that can be allocated across different cost centers. This is a great way for you to effectively offer controlled prepaid budgets to your stakeholders, whether they are sales and marketing departments or 3rd party resellers and distributors. The key benefits are:
- You can offset the printing costs for your dealers and distributors by allocating individual budgets per cost center
- Budgets can now be offered as a bonus for preferential or high-performing resellers/distributors
- Cost center budgets are easily tracked and managed and can be topped off
In this article:
Setup prepaid credit
Enabling and loading prepaid credit to your account
This feature needs to be enabled in the back-end first and the credit needs to be added to your account by our team. Contact us for more information.
Setting up the cost centers
- Create the cost center(s) and link it to 1 billing entity
- Create the group(s):
- Choose a cost center to associate with the group
- Choose which payment methods are open to those individuals ('Invoice' is mandatory to access the prepaid credit)
- Invite the users to the account and select the group you just created. You can also associate a default billing entity and cost center to ensure they will select this at checkout
Managing prepaid credit
Note: You need to be an Admin to see the Payment module within your account Settings
- Click on your initials at the top-right corner and select Settings > Payment
- Here you will see the credit limit for your account as well as the company credit left to allocate. By clicking on Manage you can see the full top-up history.
- Select Add cost center credit to choose a cost center and assign an amount of credit - the new entry will be shown in the table
- Click on Manage to edit the credit limit, top up the cost center or withdraw credit
Prepaid credit on the mobile app
Now it is possible for admins (with cost centers associated with prepaid credits) to see their outstanding prepaid credits also in the app.
Within your Account tab, you will see a Prepaid credit option. A red icon will appear when at least one of the cost centres have no outstanding prepaid credits.
Within the new Prepaid credit tab, admin can see the credit limit, credit used and remaining credit for each of the cost centres associated with prepaid credits. When a cost centre has no remaining credit, then the users will see it being highlighted as below.
Users are able to select a cost centre with prepaid credits at checkout. When selecting a cost centre, they will see the number of prepaid credits remaining in each of them.