Prepaid credit allows you to create a credit balance that can be allocated across different cost centers, users or user groups. This is a great way for you to effectively offer controlled prepaid budgets to your stakeholders, whether they are sales and marketing departments or 3rd party resellers and distributors. The key benefits are:
- You can offset the printing costs for your dealers and distributors by allocating individual budgets per cost center
- Budgets can now be offered as a bonus for preferential or high-performing resellers/distributors
- Cost center budgets are easily tracked and managed and can be topped off
- You can allocate prepaid budget to individual users of the account for the highest level of control
In this article:
Setup prepaid credit
Enabling and loading prepaid credit to your account
This feature needs to be enabled in the back-end first and the credit needs to be added to your account by our team. Contact us for more information.
Setting up the cost centers
Note: This step is necessary only if you intend to use the prepaid budget allocation by cost center.
- Create the cost center(s) and link it to 1 billing entity
- Create the group(s):
- Choose a cost center to associate with the group
- Choose which payment methods are open to those individuals ('Invoice' is mandatory to access the prepaid credit)
- Invite the users to the account and select the group you just created. You can also associate a default billing entity and cost center to ensure they will select this at checkout
Managing prepaid credit
Note: You need to be an Admin to see the Payment module within your account Settings
- Click on your initials at the top-right corner and select Settings > Payment
- Here you will see the credit limit for your account as well as the company credit left to allocate. By clicking on Manage you can see the full top-up history.
If you would like to make sure that users only place orders via the allocated prepayment, you need to de-activate all payments methods on the account. Otherwise, users will have the option to select alternative payment methods (i.e. invoice the company).
- Select Add new budget to set up the credit. There are 2 options to choose from:
1. User allocation: This budget type can enable the allocation of a credit amount to an individual user.
2. Cost center allocation: This budget type is set on the cost center level which can allow users assigned to it, to use any amount allocated to the cost center.
Regardless of your choice, you must enter a budget name (e.g. the name of the department or the location the budget will be used by) and a budget amount (this must be lower than the total credit available).
- The new entries will be shown on the main page, marked differently depending on whether they are user- or cost center- allocated credit.
- For each entry, click on Manage to allocate the credit to a user or to a cost center (depending on the option selected) as well as to top-up the budget, withdraw credit or to view the top-up history.
- If you select User allocation, you can decide to allocate the budget in different ways:
- To individual or multiple users - In this case you can select one or more users from a drop-down menu and allocate the same amount for all or different amounts for each individual.
- To individual or multiple groups - In this case you can select one or more groups from a drop-down menu and allocate the same amount for all groups or different amount for each group. Note: When assigning a budget to a group you will need to indicate the amount that will be available for each user of that group.
Prepaid credit on the mobile app
Now it is possible for admins (with cost centers associated with prepaid credits) to see their outstanding prepaid credits also in the app.
Within your Account tab, you will see a Prepaid credit option. A red icon will appear when at least one of the cost centres have no outstanding prepaid credits.
Within the new Prepaid credit tab, admin can see the credit limit, credit used and remaining credit for each of the cost centres associated with prepaid credits. When a cost centre has no remaining credit, then the users will see it being highlighted as below.
Users are able to select a cost centre with prepaid credits at checkout. When selecting a cost centre, they will see the number of prepaid credits remaining in each of them.