What is it?
Many enterprises use Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems to manage all of their marketing assets (logos, images, videos, content, PDFs, etc.) which often have advanced capabilities around design, editing, and publishing.
- Digital Asset Management system remains the single source of truth for marketing assets
- Tagged file are synchronized in real-time
- Print assets are produced locally and sustainably through Gelato
- Easy checkout and fast production for delivery within 72 hours
- Gelato's powerful billing platform handles all of the VAT, tax, and/or customs issues
How does it work?
These are the steps required to integrate your DAM system with Gelato:
- The DAM integration feature needs to be activated by Gelato - your Gelato account admin should contact Gelato Customer Support or your assigned Account Manager for assistance
- Your Gelato account admin sets up the DAM integration
- The user creates a tag (for example, #DAMGelato) which will be used to identify the files eligible for synchronization with Gelato. When the tag is assigned to a file on the DAM system, a file synchronization process is triggered, and the file is copied into the account’s Globe library.
- Files undergo preflight checks and are uploaded to a special “DAM import” folder in your Gelato library. The files will always maintain their links back to the original files in the DAM system.
Note: Depending on your DAM provider, the steps for integration might change. Please refer to the dedicated articles in this section for additional information.
What are the requirements to activate it?
- The Account should be on a Pro or Enterprise subscription.
- The Account admin needs to be registered and activated in DAM platform.
- The “DAM integration” feature should be activated in your organization’s Gelato account.
- The DAM service provider should configure their DAM platform to send all event notifications related to files to Gelato.