What is it?
Sometimes our customers want to keep their files in their current system but leverage our Gelato Network for printing and distribution. With Modular Checkout, this is possible! You can create a direct link or button on the website/system that will transfer the file (and all its formatting requirements) into a Gelato Globe shopping cart for checkout and production.
- You can print locally and sustainably through the Gelato Network from any file library
- Easy checkout and fast production for delivery within 72 hours
- Gelato's powerful billing platform handles all of the VAT, tax, and/or customs issues
- Use your own library – you can print directly from your own storefront, intranet, DAM solution, or knowledgebase
How does it work?
1. Link Creation
For single item:
the URL to the Modular Checkout will have to have the following structure:
- The link will contain:
- The link to your organization’s branded store - e.g. https://demo.gelatoglobe.com
- The name you would like to give to the file once uploaded
- The product UID - a unique identifier provided by Gelato - which identifies the product category, the format, the paper and other parameters used by our Network to print your file
- The public link to the shareable file, i.e. the location in your intranet, DAM, etc.
- The file will need to be a print-ready PDF prepared according to our design requirements
- The file admin will also predetermine its format and paper options (reflected in the product UID) which cannot be changed during the checkout process
For multiple items:
For generating branded checkout link the POST HTTP request should be used:
Where the POST data is a JSON string with list of files:
Request return branded checkout "redirect_url" which needs to be redirected.
2. File transfer and ordering
- Clicking on the link will pull that file, with the product UID, into Gelato
- The user will need to log into his/her organization’s Gelato account (or sign in with SSO, if activated)
- The file will be uploaded to Gelato and formatted per the product UID while the user is asked to complete the remaining checkout details (selecting quantity, address, recipient, payment method, cost center, etc.)
- File preview will be available once upload and rendering has completed
- After completing checkout details the user places the order in Gelato
What are the requirements to activate it?
1. User needs to be registered and activated in your organization’s Gelato account
2. “Branded Store” feature should be activated to add your company’s logo
3. URL link(s) should be embedded in your system