All print material uploaded to your Gelato account may not be required by all of your account users spread globally. Also, there may be different departments/business units (Marketing, Sales, HR, Admin) that are going to use your Gelato account, and therefore you may want to limit the user access to their respective print files.
The best way to achieve this is by assigning Access Control and using Global Account Structure for your account users.
Note: Both Access Control and Global Account Structure are not included in Basic subscriptions.
Access Control (Roles & Permissions)
By default, your account comes with 2 roles: Admin and Regular user. Access control gives you the option to create more customised roles, to reflect your organisational structure. You can customise an existing role or create a new one by enabling/disabling the following permissions:
- Manage users - to have full control for managing users, create roles and groups, and edit user details
- Manage file folders - to create, remove or rename folders and set folders as private or public, and allow groups the access to specific folders
- Upload files - to upload new files
- Order prints - to place new order or reorder
- Approve & pay - to receive and approve payment requests from other users
- See payment methods - to view and select from all available payment methods at account level
- Manage billing entities - to add billing entity office address, contact person name, and email to which Gelato Globe will send invoices for the orders placed by users using invoice as a payment method
- Manage shipping addresses - to add/remove company shipping addresses
- View Reports - to view detailed reports on ordered files
More information on roles and permissions can be found here.
Global Account Structure (Groups)
It defines if a user can:
- See specific file folders
- Use specific payment methods: Company invoice, credit card, payment approval, or a combination of these
- Use specific billing entities when Company invoice is selected as a payment method
Your subscription plan may include standard available Roles & Groups (predefined) or a possibility to customise and create multiple Roles & Groups as per your organisation's needs. Please ensure you have enabled intended Payment Methods in 'Settings' tab.
Finally, when you invite users by email or by sharing the link, select the Role & Group to assign to them.
A user may get blocked from ordering if he/she is not assigned a group that has a Payment Method enabled.
More information on groups can be found here.