Why a kick-off call with the team plays an important role?
Managing and adapting to change has been the most difficult phase for most of the companies. While you have decided to print locally with Gelato, it is also important for your team to understand the key benefits of this change and how this would equip them.
We highly recommend the admin to introduce Gelato and manage the expectations effectively. Your Account Manager and Implementation Specialist will be happy to support you during this phase and/or to conduct a webinar (need-based) to address these questions. We have also seen a great impact of C-Level managements' presence in these meetings to reinforce the message and link the change with the company's vision.
Usually, a kick-off call could be of two types:
- With the regional heads/marketing managers to introduce Gelato
- With the users to onboard them on the platform
While the former kick-off meeting would be to set the tone for the change and address high-level questions from the group, anchoring the changes to come and getting support in making the big organisational change, the latter meeting should focus on explaining the benefits for the users - we usually focus on topics such as simplifying the workflow and reduce workload.
You can get support from us with a presentation on why the company chose to move to Gelato or with a draft of the communication to be sent out to the employees. We also recommend covering how this change will help the company achieve their vision and mission along with sustainability benefits.
During a meeting like this (kick-off webinar/workshop) the following topics are usually covered:
- What Gelato is and how the platform works
- User roles and permissions
- How to access the files and order prints
- How to request files that are not yet on the platform
- Who is responsible to design, upload and update files
- Whom to reach for support
- Launch date and impact on day-to-day operations