A world of excess printing, long transportations and wasted time. PwC Sweden performed three in depth case studies that focused on the reality of the modern print process.
Read full article here
The study was carried out in 2016 and focused on companies in the following sectors:
- Consulting services
- Industrial manufacturing
- Food production
Following investigation, PwC made a number of observations relating to print management:
- Printing involves approximately 5-10 percent of staff
- There are large differences in the management and monitoring of office printing versus commercial printing. In general, office printing is closely managed and monitored while commercial printing is not
- Excess printing, defined as unused printed collateral, is estimated to be approximately 20 – 25 percent
- From a sustainability perspective, printing is not perceived as a focus area among the studied companies, partly due to a lack of monitoring of printing and low availability of print data
- The print management process is characterized by a lack of management overview
- The print management process is characterized by poor coordination between functions (e.g. sales and marketing)
PwC closely examined the pain points and issues faced by one of the companies and identified three clear opportunities for improvement in cost & efficiency, brand consistency and sustainability.