We generally recommend creating the files using our Gelato Print Plugin for Adobe. However, there are a few cases in which you might not be able to use the plugin, e.g. if you are using an unsupported version of the Adobe suite, or if as a designer you don't have access to a Gelato account.
In these cases, you can use the Gelato Standard PDF Export Preset for your Adobe suite, to export your files as PDF and manually upload them to your Gelato account via the Upload Files button.
The preset will fix:
- Export to PDF/X-4
- Output intent set to GRACoL 2006
- All printer’s marks (Crop, Bleed, no Color bar)
- Embeds fonts
- Generate single page preview PDF
- Create a High-res Print Ready PDF
The preset does not fix:
- Bleed if was not added to the document
- Safe text area if it was not added to the document
- RGB Photos/Images/Graphics
- Low-Res images (below 300 dpi)
How to export PDF using Gelato Print Preset
How to load joboptions in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Detailed instructions can be found here. As an alternative, you can paste the joboptions as instructed below.
Paste the joboptions file in Adobe PDF folder
You can copy and paste the .joboptions file under:
- Vista and Windows 7: ProgramData\Adobe\AdobePDF
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF
- Mac OS: Library/Application Support/Adobe PDF
After pasting the .joboptions file in the Adobe PDF folder that preset will appear in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign when exporting PDF.
Steps to export the print PDF with Gelato Preset
1. Choose File > Export
2. Specify a name and location for the file
3. Select Gelato Print Preset from the dropdown menu
4. Click on the Export button