We generally recommend creating the files using our Gelato Print Plugin for Adobe. However, there are a few cases in which you might not be able to use the plugin, e.g. if you are using an unsupported version of the Adobe suite, or if as a designer you don't have access to a Gelato account.
In these cases, you can use the Gelato Standard PDF Export Preset for your Adobe suite, to export your files as PDF and manually upload them to your Gelato account via the Upload Files button.
The preset includes:
- Export to PDF/X-4
- Output intent set to GRACoL 2006
- All printer’s marks (no Crop marks, Bleed, no Color bar)
- Embeds fonts
- Generate single page preview PDF
- Create a High-res Print Ready PDF
The preset does not fix:
- Bleed if was not added to the document
- Safe text area if it was not added to the document
- RGB Photos/Images/Graphics
- Low-Res images (below 300 dpi)
How to load joboptions in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Find the file you downloaded "Gelato Print Preset (From plugin).joboptions"
Once you find it it will appear in the list of Presets. To complete the installation click Done.
Steps to export the print PDF with Gelato Preset
1. Choose File > Export
2. Specify a name and location for the file
3. Select Gelato Print Preset from the dropdown menu
4. Click on the Export button
No Crop mark or Colour bars are needed.
Check output is set on GRACoL with Colour Conversion set on 'Convert to Destination (Preserve Numbers).
You can also check this setting in Menu - Edit - Colour Settings.