Uploading files: There are 2 ways to upload print ready files to your Gelato Account. You can either 1) Upload directly on Gelato Globe or 2) Upload via the Print Plugin. Note: To be able to upload files you need the permission 'Upload Files'.
1. Uploading directly on Gelato Globe: Log in to your Gelato Globe account and click on "Upload File" on the top right corner. Then select if you want upload via Computer or Dropbox.
- Upload via computer - click on "Computer" and select the local file you want to upload. Multiple files can be selected for uploading.
- Upload via Dropbox - click on "Dropbox" and login to your Dropbox account. Once logged in you can select to upload multiple of your Dropbox files at once. Uploading multiple files at once is also supported thru Dropbox. If you have many files to upload we recommend to use Dropbox.
When you have selected the file/s to upload, the system will check dimensions of the file/s and automatically find matching format(s). Once finished, you will be able to verify the detected format (or change it if preferred) and also select paper type.
Files will automatically be added to your library and can be marked with one of these statuses:
- Configure: A button 'Configure' shows up against the uploaded files that are NOT print-ready. Assign the file format/size & Paper to these (See here to know about Paper types available and click here to know about size formats)
- Print ready: After the steps above, your file will be marked as Print ready, meaning it's ready to be ordered (along with assigned format name, example - Brochure)
- Image or Other: if you have DAM activated, you will be able to upload any types of files (fonts, images, videos, powerpoint etc.) and these files will be marked accordingly.
2. Uploading via Print Plugin: If you haven't downloaded the plugin, download it here. Then open your file in InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop. Open the Print Plugin under "Window", then "Extensions" then "Gelato". Sign in with your account details to the Print Plugin and press "Upload" to upload your file to Gelato Globe.