In this article:
There are 2 ways to upload files to your Gelato account: You can either upload PDF files directly onto Gelato Globe or upload the original artwork (e.g. InDesign file) via our Print Plugin for Adobe.
Note: To be able to upload files you need the permission Upload Files.
Important: Before you upload a file please be sure to read our file requirements.
1. Uploading a PDF file directly onto Gelato Globe
Log in to your Gelato Globe account and click on Upload File on the top right corner. Then select if you want to upload via computer or Dropbox.
- Upload via computer - click on Computer and select the local file you want to upload. Multiple files can be selected for uploading.
- Upload via Dropbox - click on Dropbox and login to your Dropbox account. Once logged in you can select to upload multiple of your Dropbox files at once.
When you have selected the file/s to upload, the system will check dimensions of the file/s and automatically find matching format(s). If any errors are detected by our automatic preflight error check, you will be warned and files will be marked accordingly.
Once finished, you will be able to verify the detected format (or change it if preferred) and also select paper type.
Files will automatically be added to your library and can be marked with one of these statuses:
- Not print ready: You need to configure the file to make it print-ready by assigning the file format/size and paper
- Needs fixing: The file contains one or more errors that have to be fixed before you can configure the file.
- Print-ready: After you fix any errors and configure the file, it will be marked as print-ready, meaning it's ready to be ordered
- Image or Other: if you have DAM activated, you will be able to upload any types of files (fonts, images, videos, powerpoint etc.) and these files will be marked accordingly
2. Uploading via Print Plugin for Adobe
Our free print plugin for Adobe is the easiest way to create and upload new files to your Gelato account. To upload a file via the plugin:
- Open your file in InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop
- Open the Print Plugin under Window > Extensions > Gelato
- Sign in with your account details
- Press Upload to upload your file to Gelato Globe
The key advantage of uploading files via the plugin is that you will be asked to select the file configuration (both format and paper) beforehand, hence the file will be uploaded as already print-ready.
Note: If you are uploading an editable template, the file will be marked as such in your library.
Read more about our print plugin for Adobe here.