There are two different types of addresses: Company address and Personal address. The former is visible company-wide, while the latter is visible only to the user who created it.
In this article:
- Pre-loading shipping addresses
- Adding a shipping address at checkout
- Shipping to a hotel
- Shipping to a residential address
- Shipping addresses for China and Russia must be added in the local language
- Neighbourhood is applicable and mandatory for Brazil only
- The field State/province/region is mandatory only for specific countries (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, India, USA)
- The fields Company name, Address line 1 and Address line 2 have a limit of 35 characters each - this is due to shipping partners' requirements. It is not possible to exceed the limit because this would not fit on the shipping label. As an alternative, we suggest using delivery notes for the non-essential information that you still want to be printed on the outer packaging. More information about delivery notes can be found here.
Pre-loading Shipping Addresses
The most common solution is for account admins to pre-load Company addresses and make them available to the users to select during the checkout flow (Shipping > Company addresses > Add new address). This solution reduces the risk of selecting or typing the wrong shipping address.
Note: In order to add new company addresses or edit existing ones, you need to have the permission "Manage shipping addresses" enabled. This permission is enabled by default for all users.
You can also pre-load Personal addresses (Shipping > Personal addresses > Add new). This type of address will be visible only to the user who created it.
If you need to upload several addresses at the same time, we offer a bulk upload functionality (Shipping > Company addresses > Bulk address import) through an Excel template.
Adding a Shipping Address at Checkout
In case you don't want to pre-load any Company address, you can give users the option to add new shipping addresses during the checkout flow. Two scenarios are possible:
1. If users have a role with permission "Manage shipping addresses" enabled, they will be able to add either a new Company Address (which will become visible company-wide) or a new Personal Address (which will remain private).
2. If users have a role with permission "Manage shipping addresses" disabled, they will be able to add only a new Personal Address (which will remain private).
Shipping to a hotel
If you are shipping to a hotel, please be aware of the following additional recommendations:
- Use express shipping
- Use the hotel reception number (or a local phone number) as the contact number of the recipient
- As recipient use the same name as in the hotel booking
- Add the reservation/confirmation number (or meeting/group name for event-related material) and check-in/check-out dates in the delivery note - this will make it easier for the hotel to find the guest in their system
Shipping to a residential address
If you are shipping to a residential address, please input the name of the recipient in the field Company name.