There are two different types of addresses: Company address and Personal address. The former is visible company-wide, while the latter is visible only to the user who created it.
There are two ways to add new shipping addresses to be used for your orders: You can either add them during the checkout flow or pre-load them by selecting the Shipping tab on the left side menu.
1. Pre-loading Shipping Addresses
The most common solution is for account admins to pre-load Company addresses and make them available to the users to select during the checkout flow (Shipping > Company addresses > Add new). This solution reduces the risk of selecting or typing the wrong shipping address.
Note: In order to add new company addresses or edit existing ones, you need to have the permission "Manage shipping addresses" enabled. This permission in enabled by default for all users.
You can also pre-load Personal addresses (Shipping > Personal addresses > Add new). This type of address will be visible only to the user who created it.
- Shipping addresses for China and Russia must be added in the local language
- Neighbourhood is applicable and mandatory for Brazil only
- The field State/province/region is mandatory only for specific countries (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, India, USA)
- The fields Company name, Address line 1 and Address line 2 have a limit of 35 characters each - this is due to shipping partners' requirements
2. Adding a Shipping Address at Checkout
In case you don't want to pre-load any Company address, you can give users the option to add new shipping addresses during the checkout flow. Two scenarios are possible:
1. If users have a role with permission "Manage shipping addresses" enabled, they will be able to add either a new Company Address (which will become visible company-wide) or a new Personal Address (which will remain private).
2. If users have a role with permission "Manage shipping addresses" disabled, they will be able to add only a new Personal Address (which will remain private).