In this article
There are two ways to invite your colleagues to join Gelato Globe: Invite a new user via email or share a sign-up link. Both of these options can be found in the left menu under Team > Users and clicking on Invite User on the right top corner.
Note: To be able to invite new users you need to have the permission Manage users.
Invite by email
- Select Team > Users and click on Invite User > Invite by email
- Add the email addresses of the people you want to invite - you can add multiple addresses at the same time
- Select the role from the drop-down list of roles
- Assign the group(s) you want the user(s) to be part of
- [Optional] Select the default billing entity for the group - this will be preselected during checkout to simplify the payment process for users
- [Optional] Select the default cost center for the group - this will be preselected during checkout to simplify the payment process for uses
- In the Edit the invitation text box, you can add a customized message, or keep the default if you prefer.
- After you have sent the invitations, the user(s) will receive an email - They will need to accept the invite and sign up.
- The admin will also get a notification email when a person invited has signed up.
Tip: You would normally use this option when you know exactly who should get access to your new Gelato account, and you know which group(s) they should be part of. You would also use the option each time a new person in your company should join Gelato as well.
Share a sign up link
- Select Team > Users and click on Invite User > Share link
- Select the role and the group from the drop-down lists.
- [Optional] Select the default billing entity and cost center
- A shareable link to invite new users will be generated - Copy the link to clipboard by clicking on Copy link.
You can share the link as a text, email or internally on your communication platforms. When the users click on the link they will be redirected to a sign-up page. The admin will also receive a notification email for every person who joins the account.
Important: It is highly recommended that the invitation link is posted in a controlled environment (i.e. Intranet, or internal company site), providing an option to update it when/if needed. This helps to ensure flexibility as user adoption grows and the solution is rolled out throughout the organization
Tip: We recommend using this option if you have a large organisation and can't get all the emails of the people that should get access to your Gelato Globe. You can share the link on your intranet and allow people to sign up on their own.